Job type Researchers for need assessment for new and innovative solutions in agriculture
Location Yerevan and regions
Contract duration 3.5 months
ICARE Foundation is looking for several researchers (Senior and Junior) for conducting a research in the scope of the “INNOVATIVE AGRICULTURE TRAINING AND LEARNING CAMP (AGRI CAMP)” program. The main objective of the research is to assess the current challenges of the agricultural sector of Armenia and find out the need for new and innovative solutions (including but not limited to technology) in agriculture sector aiming to increase growth in agricultural productivity with a focus on female entrepreneurs and employees. The study results will contribute to training material development for supporting the invention, adaptation, and dissemination of new context-relevant technologies to increase growth in agricultural productivity with a focus on female entrepreneurs and employees.
It is anticipated that the researchers will collect both primary and secondary data. In this context, researchers will conduct in-depth interviews (other types of the interviews, if necessary) with the sector stakeholders, including women agriprenuers, farmers, government, academia, international organizations, other. The researcher shall closely cooperate with the program team ensuring the impact-oriented nature of the assessment.
- Elaborate methodology and data collection tools for assessing the current agricultural challenges,
- Conduct qualitative research (in-depth interviews and/or Focus group discussions) and analyze the data,
- Develop comprehensive report on need assessment for new and innovative solutions in agriculture sector of Armenia.
- Develop recommendations on further training material development for capacity building of women agripreneurs on new innovative solutions in Agriculture,
- Present the study results in validation workshop, collect the recommendations for further improvement of the report and the provision of the final list of the training topics for capacity building for women agripreneurs.
- At least Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Sociology, Economics, or relevant fields,
- Demonstrated experience in qualitative researches in different sectors (conducting agricultural researches will be considered as an advantage), including need assessments, assessment of sector challenges, etc.
- Conducted researches for new and innovative solutions in agriculture will be considered as an advantage,
- Soft skills including communication, presentation, report writing, etc.
- Experience of participation in agricultural programs/projects will be considered as an advantage,
- Fluency in English and Armenian.
Commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants are requested to send 1) their CVs, 2) motivation letters, and 3) a tentative/short research framework to firstname.lastname@example.org until February 14, 2020 indicating “Researchers for need assessment” in the subject line, otherwise your application will be rejected.
Deadline: February 14, 2021
ICARE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on account of race, age, color, sex, national origin ensuring diversity in the workplace. Our vision is to develop a sustainable knowledge capacity for the food and agribusiness sector in Armenia. For more info, please, visit www.icare.am