The StartUp Innovation: Create a mobile application that will count the traps of pests in greenhouses and perform analysis.
The team offers automation of pest monitoring through mobile application.
In the framework of AgriThon we talked to Arsen Sargsyan, the team coordinator of “Traps Analytics” startup project.
Participation in the first stage of the AgriThon1’s Incubation
– For any startup, going through an incubation period is necessary to come down from the sky and have a clear idea of the challenges ahead. The incubation period of the AgriThon competition gave us that vision.
– We think the biggest achievement of our participation in AgriThon is the establishment of connections in the Armenian startup eco-environment.
The startup is to solve the following problems:
– Manual monitoring of pests is a difficult process and can not provide reliable data. Inaccurate data on pest control measures may be delayed or improperly performed, resulting in crop loss. Our goal is to provide accurate information to prevent crop loss.
– The idea was born when we realized that the calculation is still being done manually. We decided to create a mobile application that will count the traps of pests in greenhouses and carry out analysis.
– Any derivative agricultural product is intended to increase yields. Through our product, producers will be able to maintain their crops by implementing pest control measures in a timely manner.
– Pest monitoring automation is a new word in agriculture, which is very important for producers.
Stages of the startup project implementation
– According to our roadmap, we need to create an MVP this quarter and start testing.
– At first we thought of testing in the Armenian market, but now we are working to conduct a parallel test in the Almeria cluster city of greenhouses.
– According to statistics, if successful, startups become profitable in about 5 to 7 years. We expect and strive to become a successful startup and find our place in the global agricultural map.
Team members: Arsen Sargsyan (team coordinator), Sona Sargsyan, Karen Mkrtchyan
Startup implementation address: Yerevan
AgriThon is a competition/platform for startup ideas with innovative solutions in the field of agriculture, implemented by the ICARE-Armenia Foundation within the framework of the USAID-funded AGRI CAMP program.
#AgriThon#AGRI_CAMP #ICARE #StartUP #USAID