The StartUp Innovation: A new ventilation system for farms and greenhouses that expels the hot and dirty indoor air, cleans and humidifies the dusty and hot air that penetrates from outside, while cooling it through a wet curtain made of reed, agroperlite and kraft paper.
The team proposes a new ventilation system, an important part of which is a curtain made of reed, agroperlite and kraft paper, which provides high efficiency and has a significantly lower cost․
Within the framework of the AgriThon2 we talked to Yuri Sargsyan, Coordinator of the “Ventilation System” startup project.
Participation in the first stage of the AgriThon2 Incubation
- As high-class specialists with engineering knowledge, our team members are deeply aware of the importance of the solution we offer. By participating in the first Incubation phase of the AGRI CAMP Program AgriThon2, we got an opportunity to purify our startup The Program’s skilled trainers and mentors helped us a lot. We also appreciate new acquaintances acquired during that time, contacts with other startup teams, exchange of ideas and knowledge gained through participation in the AgriThon.
The startup is to solve the following problems:
- Until now, Armenian farmers mainly replace the dirty air inside their farms and greenhouses with dusty and hot air that penetrates from outside with the help of a crosswind, which dries out the air inside even more.
- After studying the Chinese products available in the market and taking into account the climatic conditions, terrain and relief of our country, we created a new system of ventilation, humidification and cooling in order to promote the quality of agricultural products and production growth.
- With the help of the new system offered by us, the hot and dirty indoor air is expelled, and on the other hand, the air entering through the wet curtain is cleaned, cooled and humidified.
- The innovation is that we suggest using a curtain made of reed, agroperlite and kraft paper, which will have a significantly lower In particular, compared to the 150,000 AMD paper curtain imported from China, the selling price of the curtain created by us will be 50,000 AMD.
- Thus, the new ventilation system created by us will contribute to the growth and quality of agricultural products due to its effectiveness and will have a much lower cost.
Stages of the startup project implementation
- After having the self-made version of the new ventilation system, we plan to start the process of mechanizing the production of the system, for which we will prepare the necessary machine tools by ourselves.
- After ensuring the minimum mechanization of the production process, we will try to improve it using the proceeds from the sale.
Team members: Yuri Sargsyan (team coordinator), Alexander Genjoyan, Liana Genjoyan
Address of the startup: Republic of Armenia
AgriThon is a competition/platform for startup ideas with innovative solutions in the field of agriculture, implemented by the ICARE-Armenia Foundation within the framework of the USAID-funded AGRI CAMP Program.
#AgriThon #AGRI_CAMP #ICARE #StartUP #USAID