The innovation of the StartUp idea: Disposable tableware made from natural raw materials and leaves.
In the framework of AgriThon1 we talked to Gohar Movsisyan, the team leader of the From Nature to Nature project.
Participation in the first stage of the AgriThon’s Incubation
– By participating in this phase of AgriThon1, we gained new and useful knowledge that helped us clarify our purpose and develop the project. In addition, we made new connections.
About the StartUp Poject
– Nowadays, people often use disposable containers, and for packaging they mainly use plastic materials that do not degrade in nature. From Nature-to-Nature startup project aims to reduce the amount of non-degradable waste by offering food containers of non-chemical origin.
– We came up with the idea of creating a disposable tableware that, when found in nature, will decompose into humus. We decided to use natural materials and green leaves as raw materials.
– We believe that our project will form a new culture in Armenia.
Stages of the StartUp Project Implementation
– We have already researched the international market and got an idea of what equipment we need.
– We have assessed the demand and need in the local market and we have an idea of the buyers and demand in Armenia.
– If we have funding, we will import the necessary equipment, perform tests and start production while dealing with marketing issues.
– We consider the implementation of public education in this sphere a priority. In order to form an environmental mindset among the population, we will organize information campaigns, meetings, and we will serve food to our household visitors with green dishes.
Team Members: Gohar Movsisyan (team leader), Hayk Khachatryan, Lilit Khachatryan, Diana Gulyants
Startup activity address: Teghenk village, Nor Hachen community, Kotayk marz
AgriThon is a competition/platform for startup ideas with innovative solutions in the field of agriculture, implemented by the ICARE-Armenia Foundation within the framework of the USAID-funded AGRI CAMP program.
#AgriThon1 #AGRI_CAMP #ICARE #StartUP