The innovation of the startUp idea:
Innovation. Various small mushroom packages and alternative biodegradable packaging materials made from mushroom mycelium.
The team offers innovative solutions for alternative packaging and home-grown small mushroom packages.
In the framework of AgriThon1 we talked to Razmik Sargsyan, the team leader of the Fungimate project.
Participation in the first stage of the AgriThon’s Incubation
– During the training organized by the AgriThon, we gained an understanding of startup culture, business and financial management. As a result of the AgriThon1 trainings we have calculated the cost of the packages and now we are working on creating a business plan
– Participation in AgriThon gives us the opportunity to present our product to a wide range of professionals, get feedback and correct some omissions that we ourselves may not have noticed.
The startup is to solve the following problems:
– With the success of Fungimate, people will be able to grow at home a variety of fresh mushrooms that are rich in nutrients.
– Children who will benefit from these mushroom packages will gain experience in interacting with the living organism.
– Mushroom packages are obtained by processing agro-technological waste and thus create added value.
– In the case of alternative packaging, our society will get rid of various polyethylene and plastic packaging wastes and will have a biodegradable alternative.
Stages of the StartUp Project Implementation
– We have divided the startup development process into stages:
- In the first phase, we plan to create home-grown mushroom packages that will serve as educational entertainment for children, as well as may be of interest to those interested in growing a clean and fresh food alternative at home.
- In the second stage of startup development, using the same technological approach, we plan to create alternative biodegradable packaging materials made of fungal mycelium.
Team members: Razmik Sargsyan (team leader), Arsen Gasparyan, Razmik Papikyan, Nara Sargsyan
Startup activity address: Yerevan
AgriThon is a competition/platform for startup ideas with innovative solutions in the field of agriculture, implemented by the ICARE-Armenia Foundation within the framework of the USAID-funded AGRI CAMP program.
#AgriThon1 #AGRI_CAMP #ICARE #StartUP