The StartUp Innovation: Design and installation of drinkers operating by state-of-the-art solar photovoltaic stations in pastures that do not have water supply and therefore are not used.
The team proposes to install automated drinkers in pastures that are not used because of lack of electricity.
Within the framework of the AgriThon2 we talked to Vruyr Ayvazyan, the Coordinator of the “Pasture Service” startup project.
Participation in the first stage of the AgriThon2 Incubation
- Thanks to valuable observations and technical support from the AGRI CAMP Program’s specialists and mentors, we modified our startup project and were able to participate in the first phase of the AgriThon2 Incubation.
- I very much appreciate the caring and vigilant attitude of the AGRI CAMP team members in addition to the new knowledge and skills gained during the first stage of Incubation.
The startup is to solve the following problems:
- There is a serious problem of pasture degradation all over Armenia. Sustainable desertification threatens our pastures. According to experts and numerous studies, there are two reasons for that: On the one hand, it is because of overgrazing and on the other hand, it happens because of not using a significant amount of pastures. Solving the latter will significantly alleviate the first problem.
- As a team, we had a chance to participate in the installation of drinkers in the pastures, and I have to say that those drinkers were not perfect at all. I also talked to the locals to understand why they do not use the neighboring pastures and came up with the idea of installing self-service ponds in pastures that do not have water or electricity. The team liked my idea and we started developing
- In order to install self-managed drinkers in pastures that do not have neither water nor electricity, we plan to use state-of-the-art equipment, solar photovoltaic stations and make required
- Our project will alleviate a very important environmental problem – the degradation of pastures. The farms’ incomes also will increase as a result.
Stages of the startup project implementation
- It will take us 6 months to implement the idea. During that time we will review the sequence of the project implementation steps, complete the prototype project so that we are ready to accept orders.
Team members: Vruyr Ayvazyan (team Coordinator), Marine Saryan, Aren Frangyan, Artyom Tonoyan, Anna Hakobyan, Alik Ghukasyan
Startup implementation address։ Gyulagarak village, Lori marz
AgriThon is a competition/platform for startup ideas with innovative solutions in the field of agriculture, implemented by the ICARE-Armenia Foundation within the framework of the USAID-funded AGRI CAMP Program.
#AgriThon #AGRI_CAMP #ICARE #StartUP #USAID