Job type Researchers for skills and knowledge gap assessment among agricultural cooperative members, SMEs/farmers
Location Yerevan and marzes
Contract duration 2.5 months
ICARE Foundation is looking for several researchers (Senior and Junior) for the implementation of the skills and gaps assessment among members of agricultural cooperatives and SMEs/farmers in the scope of the “INNOVATIVE AGRICULTURE TRAINING AND LEARNING CAMP (AGRI CAMP)” program. It is anticipated that the researchers will conduct in-depth interviews (other types of the interviews, if necessary) with the sector stakeholders, including representatives from cooperatives and SMEs, farmers, government, academia, international organizations, other. The results of the skills and knowledge gap assessment will serve for the further elaboration of training materials for capacity building of members of cooperatives and representatives of SMEs/farmers. The researcher shall closely cooperate with the program team ensuring the impact-oriented nature of the assessment.
- Elaborate methodology and data collection tools for knowledge and gap assessment,
- Conduct qualitative research (in-depth interviews and/or Focus group discussions) and analyze the data,
- Develop comprehensive report on skills and knowledge gap assessment among agricultural cooperative members and Agricultural SMEs, including farmers,
- Develop recommendations on further training material development for capacity building,
- Present the study results in validation workshop, collect the recommendations for further improvement of the report and the provision of the final list of the training topics for capacity building for members of agricultural cooperatives, SMEs/farmers.
- At least Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Sociology, Economics, or relevant fields,
- Demonstrated experience in qualitative researches in different sectors (conducting agricultural researches will be considered as an advantage), including skills and gap assessments, etc.
- Conducted researches among cooperative members and SMEs/farmers will be considered as an advantage,
- Soft skills including communication, presentation, report writing, etc.
- Experience of participation in agricultural programs/projects will be considered as an advantage,
- Fluency in English and Armenian.
Commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants are requested to send 1) their CVs, 2) motivation letters, and 3) a tentative/short research framework to firstname.lastname@example.org until February 14, 2020 indicating “Researcher for skills and gap assessment” in the subject line, otherwise your application will be rejected.
ICARE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on account of race, age, color, sex, national origin ensuring diversity in the workplace. Our vision is to develop a sustainable knowledge capacity for the food and agribusiness sector in Armenia. For more info, please, visit www.icare.am.