The StartUp Innovation: Production of a new type of beehives with two queen bees in order to simplify the care of bee colonies and increase productivity․
In the framework of the AgriThon2 we talked with Vardan Kocharyan, the Innovative Intensive Beekeeping project Coordinator.
Participation in the AgriThon2 Incubations
- Our participation in AgriThon2 Incubations of the AGRI CAMP Program was really important because it gave us the knowledge and skills to refine our startup idea and present it properly. The work with the mentors and experts, as well as the interaction with the participants, were very useful.
The startup is to solve the following problems:
- As a result of the climate change and weather fluctuations, many dangers arise in the field of beekeeping. Our startup project will contribute to mitigating these dangers by simplifying the care of bee colonies.
- After studying the international experience and performing relevant tests in our apiary, we came to the conclusion that in Armenia we should create a new type of beehives․
- Using this new type of beehive makes beekeeping easier, ensuring higher yields. We managed to get 35-40 percent more honey from the tested innovative beehives than from the conventional ones.
- As a result of the implementation of the idea, we will contribute to the spread of beehives with two queen bees and increase the yield by introducing beekeepers to the nuances of intensive beekeeping with an innovative hive and organizing the production of innovative bee
Stages of the startup project implementation
- It will take about 4 months to implement the idea.
- We plan.
- to create a workshop for beehives that keep two queens,
- acquire appropriate raw materials,
- organize production of beehives with two queens,
- establish a demonstration apiary with innovative hives for the purpose of sharing experience and training of beekeepers.
Team Members: Vardan Kocharyan (team coordinator), Nairi Galstyan
Address of the startup activity: Geghashen village, Kotayk marz
AgriThon is a competition/platform for startup ideas with innovative solutions in the field of agriculture, implemented by the ICARE-Armenia Foundation within the framework of the USAID-funded AGRI CAMP Program.
#AgriThon #AGRI_CAMP #ICARE #StartUP #USAID