Innovation of the startup idea: Produce a semi-automatic stone-cutting machine with new technology for extracting apricot and plum stones.
Hovhannes Aghababyan, the startup project team leader, presents the details about the participation in the first stage of AgriThon1 Incubation and about the startup idea.
Participation in the first stage of the AgriThon1’s Incubation
– By participating in AgriThon we made new connections and new friends.
– Mentors and trainers provided us with the necessary knowledge and skills, thanks to which we improved our project.
The startup is to solve the following problems:
– Fruit growers remove the stones by hand before drying the fruit. It is a time consuming and tedious process.
– While working in the factory, I started to study the world experience and, as a result, I created a 6-seater stone-cutting machine.
– The first model of the created device provided 80 kg / h productivity.
– Currently the device needs improvement.
– Once improved, this equipment will help small and medium enterprises producing dried fruits in Armenia to make the production process more efficient.
– To implement the project, our team needs space and welding equipmen.
Stages of startup project implementation
– As soon as we have a production site and welding equipment, we will need three months to organize production of semi-automatic stone extraction machine.
Team members: Hovhannes Aghababyan (team leader), Satenik Aslanyan, Vahag Alekyan
Startup activity address: Yerevan
AgriThon is a competition/platform for startup ideas with innovative solutions in the field of agriculture, implemented by the ICARE-Armenia Foundation within the framework of the USAID-funded AGRI CAMP program.
#AgriThon #AGRI_CAMP #ICARE #StartUP #USAID